The Good Life

Bakersfield, California
One Jacob and One Nicole plus a Talia, a Tristan and a Tyler

Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Woman known as Sasha Fierce


So I have decided after reading about Beyonce's new name that I want a new name for my alter ego. Just so we are all on the same page an alter ego (Latin, "the other I") is a second self, a second personality or persona within a person. A person with an alter ego is said to lead a double life. Now I read the article and was laughing the whole but as I was running today (Candice and I normally spend Saturday's running together but she had a sign to make-so please blame this thought process on her) I started to think about what the name should be.

I must first determine what my "ego" is all about. I mean there are so many questions to answer to truly define what my alter ego is. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would love to be able to name this other person, so far I have come up with Beatrice Fierce but that just isn't creative enough. I think I should keep the Fierce part but maybe not. If only my alter ego was writing this post she would surely be able to think of something great.

3 comments:

Candice Lynn said...

I am liking the Beatrice (you always had an affinity for all things British) but not the Fierce, as it doesn't go with the first moniker and it is like Beyonce's, who is annoying and gets two thumbs down. We'll contemplate options on our next run when I am not making awesome cotton candy signs.

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

I am not in tune enough to identify your best-fitting alter ego name.

However, I had to smile when you commented that your random thoughts are usually shared with Candice during your run. Unfortunately Jordan gets to hear a lot of my random thoughts when I don't get a run in. Now you've sparked some more in me!

Kristi said...

I am also not in tune enough, nor witty enough. But I do like the idea