The Good Life

Bakersfield, California
One Jacob and One Nicole plus a Talia, a Tristan and a Tyler

Friday, August 29, 2008

Tristan Sits Around

So, I never thought I would have a baby who hangs out on the couch at 6 weeeks. I mean good gracious I can sit him down and read a magazine and he will lean on the couch and contemplate life for a good 5 minutes. It really becomes fun when he starts laughing and chattering to me. If he does choose to cry his sister comes and gives him her "soft blanket" which entails her placing the blanket over his entire body. I really think she believes that this will stop his crying and allow here to hear her Scooby Doo "abominable snowman" movie better. It is especially funny when she shooshes him and he doesn't comply and she looks at me like I have brought some insane creature into the house. But the most amazing thing that has happened this week is Tristan is eating every four hours. Now for most people that would mean absolutely nothing, for me and Tristan it means a lifetime of happiness. We really needed some happiness after the Olympics ending...thank goodness for "Up to the Minutes" it always gets us through.

3 comments:

The Hornes said...

Are these not the cutest kids in the world? Please come visit us as often as possible. We just adore them. Enjoy every minute as it really does go by FAST! Can't wait for more pics. Give them both a squeeze from us:):):)

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Yeah - you have a blog! I'm so excited to see pictures of the little ones (and you & Jacob, too, I guess ;) )

Tristan is adorable - he has the Nichols eyes! I see Uncle Brent in him...crazy how genes work!

Heidi and Rich said...

He is so cute. I love the chub...can I order some of that for my baby. By the way - did you know we found out we are having a girl!! My little Spencer is a TV maniac himself and just recently discovered Scooby Doo - his favorite is Scooby Doo Meets Batman and Robin. Anyways - I am so glad you started a blog. Good luck with adjusting to being at home and not teaching - it is weird each fall I feel like I need to go back to school shopping for supplies etc.