The Good Life

Bakersfield, California
One Jacob and One Nicole plus a Talia, a Tristan and a Tyler

Saturday, June 6, 2009

A new Goal: Make things that taste good and look good

Usually when it comes to baking I head to my mom's house so that she can help me create something that looks beautiful. When it comes to baking I can usually settle for something that tastes delicious even if it isn't pretty. No more. My new career as a full-time mother has changed me and I want my baked items to look pretty. I will, even if I have to cause every one around me to gain 5-10 pounds when I drop off treats at their door.

My first attempt at cake balls on my own went fabulous (others may disagree). I was so excited that I took pictures-hey I am not afraid to celebrate.
P.S. Instead of blogging the past 5 weeks I have been reading silly novels.


7 comments:

Erin said...

You are such a good mom! I baked Jahnna the worlds ugliest birthday cake yesterday. Then because I was thinking it was only 65 degrees I didn't put it in the fridge until party time at 2:00. By the time I realized what was happening half the frosting had slid down the side. I quickly refrosted and put it in the freezer but she should know better I've done the same thing three years in a row!

Stake Camp Directors said...

Cakeballs are evil

Shelly said...

Those look great! But this is the first time I've ever heard of cake balls - what are they? By the way, I love my new shoes. Thanks for your advice.

Heidi said...

Glad I dont live by you anymore. Those do look delicous and I cant use the extra 5lbs...he he he

chloe's clan said...

Those look yummy. Next blog post - a recipe????

Jensen's Funny Farm said...

Baking ans become my favorite hobby. I am a much better baker than a cook. Besides, it's funner to have yummy fattening goddies to eat. I am trying out my Christmas candies around Halloween this year. Looks don't matter, that will come with practice, but they do look yummy!!!! Hope all is well with your little fishies.

Bedkes said...

So Nicole after talking to you I have been inspired to do a half marathon. The only problem is I have NEVER run in my entire life so we will see how this goes, and Karl is doing it with me! It was so good to talk to you and your right Tristan does look just like you!